See photos (3)

Eglise Saint-Antoine-l’Ermite

Historic site and monument, Church in Egletons
  • FOR TOURS AND TOURIST INFORMATION ONLY

    The church of Saint-Antoine-l'Ermite (the Egyptian), built in the second half of the 12th century and deemed too small by the parish priest, was destroyed and rebuilt at the end of the 19th century. The semi-circular apse remains as the church's choir, as does the bell tower (12th, 14th, 15th), whose porch is one of the earliest examples of the ogival (Gothic) style in the Lower Limousin (circa 1190).

    The stained-glass windows (1957) are one of the...
    FOR TOURS AND TOURIST INFORMATION ONLY

    The church of Saint-Antoine-l'Ermite (the Egyptian), built in the second half of the 12th century and deemed too small by the parish priest, was destroyed and rebuilt at the end of the 19th century. The semi-circular apse remains as the church's choir, as does the bell tower (12th, 14th, 15th), whose porch is one of the earliest examples of the ogival (Gothic) style in the Lower Limousin (circa 1190).

    The stained-glass windows (1957) are one of the most important examples of 20th-century glassmaking in France.

    For group visits, by reservation only (call several days in advance) on 05 55 93 29 66.
  • Environment
    • In the village
Close