Eglise Saint-Pierre_1

Eglise Saint-Pierre

Historic site and monument, Church in Moustier-ventadour
  • The church at Moustier-Ventadour was originally the chapel of a Benedictine priory founded under the obedience of Cluny by Viscount Ebles II in the early 12th century. The church was rebuilt in 1494. The current building is the result of the rebuilding of this chapel, of which the cornice of the chevet remains on the outside and the columns of the triumphal arch with their capitals on the inside, as well as two bays on the south façade. The west facade was restored in 1786.

    The church was...
    The church at Moustier-Ventadour was originally the chapel of a Benedictine priory founded under the obedience of Cluny by Viscount Ebles II in the early 12th century. The church was rebuilt in 1494. The current building is the result of the rebuilding of this chapel, of which the cornice of the chevet remains on the outside and the columns of the triumphal arch with their capitals on the inside, as well as two bays on the south façade. The west facade was restored in 1786.

    The church was listed as a Monument Historique in 1972.
Close